Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Week 48: I'm 20.......and I'm getting transferred!
First off I want to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes!!! It was so good to hear from everyone. Here is the run down
Monday night Hermana James and I were informed that Hna James is going to be training a new missionary! ......but that means that I am getting "kicked out" or in different words transferred. We seriously sat there after the call and just blankly looked at each other. Then we got really sad, then excited, then nervous, then pumped. Just about all the feelings that you can imagine were happening. Then after that the forever long wait till Sunday began (Sunday night is when we are told where we are going)
We didn't have a car for about 2 and a half days this week, so that consisted of a lot of walking and bike riding. Luckily the weather was super nice! So it wasn't too cold. I didn't even have to wear a coat during the day! Really quick a cool walking miracle. We decided to go try a person we contacted a long time ago and see if they were home. We haven't been able to ever get in with them in the past, but we decided to do it anyways. And guess what!? We got in! #miracle We were able to teach him and his wife. They were super duper nice.
On Thursday I went on exchanges with Hna Snowden! so we got one more day together as "companions" before she goes home. She goes home this Thursday and even though it will be sad to see her leave the mission, I am super excited for all the new adventures that are awaiting her. She will do amazing things. I love you Mama Snowden!!! But on exchanges we were able to teach Rocio. She is a friend of a members and we did not have any plans to visit her, but as we were driving trying to figure out where to go, an idea popped into my head and I knew so clearly that it was what we needed to do. We knocked her door and she let us in. We taught her the Restoration and at the end of the lesson she asked us if she could be baptized! We of course said YES! and we set a baptismal date for February 20th. yeah! such a huge miracle.
Saturday was a very special day. The Elders had a baptism. His name is Gerardo Moroni and his uncle is our investigator Juan (the dad of Jenny and little John) So our investigator family, Juan, Rosi, Jenny and John all came to the baptism. It was a super spiritual experience and I know that they all felt the spirit.
I had the most wonderful birthday!! Here is what happened :)
- Woke up at 6am to someone banging on the door. It was my district and they danced to and sang happy birthday to me!
- Opened up my presents from my family :) Thank you!!!!!
- We went to ward council and at the end I told everyone that I am being transferred. They all were really sad to see me go. Especially Brother Johnson (our group leader) he said, "I could tell that you were wanting to say something and I just kept thinking, No! Don't say it! You can't get transferred! If she doesn't say it, it won't happen right? Man, I should talk to your mission president." It was really funny. It is good to know that the people love and appreciate you.
- I was able to bare my testimony in English Sacramemnt meeting. Bishop have me the opportunity to say a few words
- In Spanish Relief Society all the Hermanas sang Feliz Cumpleanos to me!
- I was able to bare my testimony again in Spanish Sacrament meeting and holy waterworks! I couldn't stop the tears from coming. Telling these people goodbye has been one of the hardest things ever.
- We came home after that and the STLs surprised me with a cake :)
- ......then Hna Snowden smashed a cupcake in my face... haha Super funny!!!! It was well deserved from the last time that I did that to her hehe
- Juan and Rosi had us over for a little birthday party. We ate a lot of really good food. They are the sweetest family ever. I can't even try to express how much I love them. They literally are the best family in the world. Rosi is going to be baptized on the 30th! and then her son John a couple weeks after that. I am so excited for the steps that this family is going to take in the near future!
- We went to the Johnsons house to say goodbye and take a picture. When his daughter's boyfriend pulled out his ferret! so gross! Sister Johnson was freaking out the whole time because she hates animals. haha Then it pooped on the floor. I'm pretty sure Hna Johnson was ready to dropkick that rodent! haha
- The Gonzales family gave us a call after that and told us to come over. We showed up and they had a surprise party for me! They made a ton of food and they had a present and cake. I seriously felt so much love in that house. I had no idea that they were planning on doing anything for my birthday. I can't thank them enough.
-Then we came home and received Transfer Doctrine. I am going to south OKC to serve in the Spanish branch there.
So pretty much this was one of the best birthdays ever! Thank you so much to everyone who has made that possible :) I love the people here in this area so much. I now know a little bit more the amount of love that Christ has for me, because I can feel a little bit of it for the people here. I think that leaving this area will be one of the hardest things ever, but I know that the Lord has so many other advetures waiting for me.
I love you all and thank you so so much for everything!!!